We are delighted to have secured planning and listed building consent for a refurbishment scheme to provide much needed affordable homes for local people in a North Yorkshire village.
The application is for the refurbishment of two historic almshouses plus a change of use and refurbishment of an adjacent schoolroom. Dating from 1680, the almshouses were constructed by the vicar of Burneston, Matthew Robinson and remain in the ownership of the Matthew Robinson Trust today. P+HS Architects were commissioned by Broadacres who are working with the Trust to deliver the project and secure the future of the almshouses and associated accommodation as affordable homes for local people.
The overriding principle of the scheme is to breathe new life into the historic buildings in a sympathetic manner and repurpose them for modern day use. Once completed, the scheme will provide three affordable homes: 1no 2-bed and 2no 1-bed dwellings.